The View From Fair View
LECTIONARY SCRIPTURE FOR AUGUST 19
I Kings 2:10-12; 3:3-14; Psalm 111; Ephesians 5:15-20; John 6:51-58
LECTIONARY SCRIPTURE FOR AUGUST 26
I Kings 8:22-30, 41-43; Psalm 84; Ephesians 6:10-20; John 6:56-69
A church family is in need of transportation to doctor appointments. Please contact Carol in the church office if you can help.
MISSION OPPORTUNITIES FOR AUGUST
- Acres of Hope in Uganda, a Christ-centered orphanage with ties to Williamson’s Chapel. Go to acresofhopeuganda.org for more information.
- Willing Workers - Crown Colony
- Hygiene products: body wash (no bar soap), shampoos, lotions, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, feminine napkins, & razors. The collection bin is in the Knox Vestibule.
- Youth - Barium Springs Children’s Home, ages 7-21
- Shampoo/conditioner (2 in 1 for girls), shampoo/body wash (2 in 1 for boys), body wash for girls, deodorant, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products
Our inaugural trip will be a boat trip with dinner on August 19. We will meet and park at North Harbor (Exit 30) at 4:00 p.m. We will ride pontoon boats to The Landings restaurant in Sherrills Ford. You don’t need to bring anything except money to cover your dinner. Dress casually and COME ABOARD!
Mt. Mourne IB will be using our parking lot on Thursday, August 23 from 4:15 – 7:30 p.m. They have been asked to fill the south side first since there is a Stephen Ministry meeting here also.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15
7:00 p.m. Choir Rehearsal
THURSDAY, AUGUST 16
9:00 a.m. Movers and Shakers
10:15 a.m. Meals on Wheels - Jean Newman/Penny Price
6:30 p.m. Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACOA) - Ballard House
7:00 p.m. Church Council - Workroom
SUNDAY, AUGUST 19
9:00 a.m. RISE Contemporary Worship
10:10 a.m. Sunday School
11:00 a.m. Youth - Chapin
11:00 a.m. Traditional Worship
4:00 p.m. Silver Nuggets Boat Trip with Dinner - meet at North Harbor, Exit 30