IREDELL COUNTY SALVATION ARMY
The Mooresville location (N. Broad next to Employment Office) oversees the Emergency Winter Shelter project where people can be house for up to 3 nights in a local motel. This works for cold nights and major rainstorms. They also have kerosene vouchers and occasional help with utility bills. Contact them at (704) 660-3066.
MOORESVILLE SOUP KITCHEN
No sign-ins or administration necessary - if you walk thru the door, you can have a meal (around 150 each day). They also pass out to those present a bag of extra food. The soup kitchen actually opens at 8:30 to get people out of the cold. Great Christian group!
MOORESVILLE CHRISTIAN MISSION
They provide resources (job training, resource referencing, etc) plus run the food pantry, clothing closet, have used house wares and furniture. They also help with utility bills when they have funds, and transitional housing. This is a great org to donate to - clothing, house wares, furniture, food for the pantry, etc. They will provide a tax receipt. Donations accepted 9 - 4 M-Th.
CODDLE CREEK BOOK BAG MINISTRY
Fair View partners with Coddle Creek Elementary School to provide food to children whose families may run short on the weekend. Please contact the coordinator, Linda Gebelein.
ANGEL TREE MINISTRY
Angel Tree Ministry reachers out to the children of inmates and their families with the love of Christ. This unique program provides Fair View an opportunity to share Christ's love by helping to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the families of prisoners.
HEALTHREACH COMMUNITY CLINIC
The HealthReach Community Clinic provides healthcare at no cost to residents of Mooresville, Troutman, and Mount Mourne who have incomes of less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level and have no health insurance.
- Medical Services include family-practice medical care, chronic disease care and gastrointestinal specialty care.
- Dental Services include preventative and restorative car.
- Pharmacy Services include free prescription and non-narcotic drugs to patients in need.
- Additional health services include health education and chiropractic care.
CONGREGAIONAL CARE TEAM
As we reach out to our community, we also look inward to the welfare of our congregation. We have teams who care for our congregation in the following ways:
- The Card Ministry. sends cards out at birthdays or losses of family members, and general "care cards" when a member is going through a hard time.
- Our Meal Team prepares a dish or a meal for those who are just home from the hospital or ill.
- We have a team that will take people to doctor appointments and otherwise provide transportation as our congregation may need.
- Another ministry takes communion to our shut ins and members in nursing home members.