Fair View UMC Scouting Information
Fair View United Methodist Church along with Centre Presbyterian Church sponsor Cub Scout Pack # 173 and Boy Scout Troop # 173 in Mt. Mourne, North Carolina.
The Boy Scout Troop is open to boys that have completed the 5th grade or are 11 years of age. The weekly meetings for the Boy Scouts are held at the Mt. Mourne Boy Scout Center, located behind the Centre Presbyterian Church. The meetings begin at 7:00 P.M. on Monday evenings.
The Troop was chartered in 1953 and has been active for 58 years, providing a quality Scouting program for the young men.
The Cub Scout Pack is open to boys that have completed kindergarten or are 7 years of age. The Cub Scouts have separate meeting times and leaders for each grade level from 1st thru 5th grade. The meetings are held on various afternoons and evenings during the week with the majority of them being at the Mt. Mourne Boy Scout Center or at Fair View United Methodist Church.
The Pack was chartered in 1970 and like the Troop has provided a quality Scouting program and prepared the boys for the advancement to the Troop.
Both the Pack and Troop typically recruit boys from the Coddle Creek Elementary School, Brawley Middle School and Lake Norman High School Districts but we are open to any boy desiring to be a part of the Boy Scouts of America.
For further information and contacts for joining information, contact Bill Hicks the Chartered Organization Representative for the Pack and Troop at 704-528-3288 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Troop # 10082 Brownie/Girl Scouts We are part of the Carolina Peaks to Piedmont Council. Here is a link to their site: https://www.girlscoutsp2p.org/about_us/index.htm
You will see our mission on their site .....Girl Scouts is an organization that builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. Our troop began in 2008 at FVUMC. Some of the activities we have participated in are:
- Support to the Cornelius Animal Shelter
- Semi-annual activities with the residents of Summit Place of Mooresville
- Semi-annual support of our troops with Girl Scout Cookie Sweet Treats and Halloween candy
- Annual stocking stuffing for our local Salvation Army
- Annual Girl Scout Cookie fundraiser to support our local and international communities
- Annual World Thinking Day events celebrating diversity and promoting consideration and understanding for those around the world
- Horseback Riding
- Lake clean-up
- Trash pick-up at FVUMC
- Visit to the Mooresville Rescue Squad
- Education on wildlife such as a visiting a local beaver dam
We welcome ideas from the members of the church as to how we can help the church and the community.